Zoom sur le bois dans les Jeux de Paris
calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors

calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors

il y a 16 ans

First of all i hope your English is good enough to understand my question because my french is oral. So i am trying to calculate what size wood beams i need for a floor. it would be for a light load (150kg/m2) with a chipboard covering. When i asked the people that sell wood i get different answers. This is the plan i made:
[img=http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/365/mezaframejv5.th.jpg]

It would be really cool if somebody could give me the information i need to calculate all of this.

24 réponses

11-20 sur 24 réponses
2/3
1. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

yes sabots are a bit expensive. but it allows to put the 5m beams inside the 7m ones which is better for the floor : can't explain to you in english but beeive me it's better

i don't think you will manage to save money but putting more 2.2m piece of wood or other solution...

Rémy

2. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

when i look at the prices if the wood i need the most expensive were the 11 (or now 15) 5m beams and not the chunkier ones. They are sold by the cubic m.
this is what i meen:

3. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

if you have a few minutes could you run this version though your computer program to see if it comes out out with less m cubed.

the 5m span is with larger beams and the smaller beams are now 3,5m
i know your busy but i am curious. please.

4. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

I know it is late but i can not sleep. i showed the plans to the rest of the "association" with the new size beams, it works out at about 3m3 of wood. at 300 euros the m2 it would cost about 900 euros. the problem is we have 1000 euros for everything. so i need to find a cheaper way of doing it.

my latest idea is to put central vertical beams hoping that it would lighten the load on the rest so i an use smaller sections and save a bit of money. a frame with no floor looks good but is not very practical. I have done some drawings to show you what i mean.

please please please run this though your computer program to see if it would be cheaper in the end.

5. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

hello

sorry if you had a bad night

the 7m beams should be 100*180

the 9 "poteaux" can be 150*150 to save money

the median beam 5m long should be 140*230

the two other beams 5m long should be 80*230

Estimated the cube meter of this new solution, i'm not sure it's better

Rémy

6. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

it's 2.17 cube m so you"r rigth it's cheaper

Rémy

7. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

Thats super cool. i will try to get a real price with the new sizes. the wood is the same cost up to 6.99m (about 300 euros/m3) after that it more expensive. so now with the "sabots" the 7m long beams are realy 3.5m?
thanks remy for your help.

8. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

Bonjour!
le sujet m'intéresse puisque je prévois une structure de même type chez moi;
Pleins de questions bien sûr, et notamment: le plancher de NeilP va reposer sur 9 poteaux; comment ces poteaux sont liés au sol? En général on les voit reposant sur des plots bétons; Comment dimensionner ces plots? Faut-il absolument une ancre métallique scellée dans le béton?

Et une autre question: faut-il prévoir des contreventements entre les poteaux et les poutres?
Merci pour tout élément de réponse,

Matthieu

9. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

hello

i can not drill holes in the floor. i was hoping that with over 2 m3 of wood the weight would be enough. the whole structure will be fixed to the metal structure of the warehouse on 2 sides and one side against a light wall. when we have more money we want to close the last wall with cp10 and light frame. a bit like this:

i hope this gives you ideas. if it does share them

10. calcule of wood beams for free-standing floors il y a 16 ans

Merci Neil, je comprends avec ce dessin qu'il n'y a pas forcément besoin de contreventement...
Par contre, pour les poteaux, je ne me rends pas compte: le poteau central est amené à transmettre au sol une charge  de plus d'une tonne sur une section de 150*150; c'est le point qui me pose vraiment question pour mon projet...une dalle classique suffit-elle, sinon, quelle dimension de plot prévoir...

Matthieu

11-20 sur 24 réponses
2/3

Votre message :

Vous devez vous connnecter pour poster un commentaire.

S'identifier ou créer un compte
Nouvelle discussion

Vous n'avez pas trouvé les réponses à vos questions ?

Créer une discussion

Inspirations

0 photos pour vous inspirer